26.7.09

A lot going on...

We were excited to celebrate the 24th this year since we lived in Boston last summer and missed it. We went to Salt Lake and the boys went golfing and the girls went swimming at the Salt Lake Country Club. My uncle has a membership and we felt like high rollers...then we went back to Pat and Rolfe's for a wonderful dinner. (Homemade cafe rio!! Yum!!) We were then going to go to a carnival but were all too lazy and tired from the week so we hung out, rewatched bachelorette episodes, and were entertained by Tate.
The next morning Maddie and I had to wake up at 5:30 to do a clinic for our CNA program. Did I ever mention I'm doing a CNA class at SLCC this summer? I have class every night from 4:30-8:30 and 4 Saturdays in August and September we go to clinics at nearby nursing homes and hospitals. I feel very cool in my scrubs and actually really really love the program. It's so insteresting to learn about and clinics are tiring, gross, interesting, funny, helpful, and eye opening all at the same time. I can't imagine how attached you'd get to the cute people if you worked with them everyday because I only worked with them for 1 day and am already obsessed with some of them. This was our first clinic and I'm excited to see how the rest go.


Fred died..(our fish). Who knew that when you changed the fish water and replaced it with freezing cold water the fish would go into shock and die!? Whoops!! It was a sad day at our house. Fred was our first pet. We immediately went to the pet store and replaced him with Theo. Theo poops more but he's cute and we're going to take better care of this one. It's a good thing we started with a fish and not a dog..

Also, I chopped my hair off. It's completely gone. Pictures to come soon...

3 comments:

McKenzie... said...

Shut up!!! You are so funny, I can't believe Fred is dead. We never even got to meet him. :( Oh well only one month and we can meet Theo! I was so sad that I haven't been able to celebrate the 24th for the past 3 summers. It sucks but hopefully next year! Guess what I'm taking a CNA class out here too! Eve we are alike...that's why I love you so much. I am so excited to see the new hair cut! You better post soon! I'm sure you look gorgeous. Can't wait to see you!

Tyler and Dru said...

love the pics.....except the one of me. but the rest are darling! you two do look super official in your scrubs! so glad last weekend is over for you. so sad about fred too! i want a fish. but we've started out with plants and then we'll move onto to animals. heck, we practically have a farm in our house, but it's a bug farm and most of them live in our dust buster :) Darn little buggers!

Meeker home said...

You killed Fred?!! (That's actually hysterical.) Better luck to Theo! I can't wait to see your hair. Post pictures soon!!!