2.12.09

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I love the meal, and the anticipation of Christmas. We had an especially great Thanksgiving this year. On Wednesday night we went and made gingerbread houses at Matt's parents. Ours was actually terrific. It took us about 3 hours to make, but I was very happy with the results compared to last year.


On Thanksgiving day Matt played in a turkey bowl (which he is still sore from..we should work out more often) and I watched the parade all morning. Then we had a delicious meal at Pat and Rolfe's.


Right after eating, we left on a little road trip to California. It was dreamy to be in Coronado, which is a Horsley family favorite. My mouth waters thinking of the food we eat. The only downfall of the trip was that I forgot to bring pants. That's right, I didn't bring one pair of pants. I had some pajamas and a few skirts, but it was quite cold and miserable.


Thanks Pat and Rolfe for a wonderful and relaxing vacation. It was the perfect way to start finals. It calmed us down. We hope you all had a fun Thanksgiving break!

3 comments:

McKenzie... said...

Thanksgiving + a vacation = seriously jealous! I guess its a good thing we didn't come home because Matt and Eve would have been to busy for us anyway! That stinks about not bringing pants. I hate when that happens but I think it was a pretty good excuse to go shopping!:) We will be home for Christmas and want to see you guys!

Tyler and Dru said...

i dream of coronado. i miss our suite and rhino. let's go back please. love the post. i'm going to steal pictures.

Sarah said...

eve- will you email me your address? sarah.metcalfe@gmail.com Love coronado. we love rhino too. yummm.