25.10.11

catching our breath


i haven't posted for about two months..
it makes me sad. every time i go for awhile without blogging i consider stopping all together.
i'm sure many people do this.
sometimes it just seems like another daunting task on my to do list.
however, i didn't give up. :)
here are some of the many things that have happened in the last couple months, which explain my absence:

first off, we moved. oddly, i don't even have a picture of the outside of our house...just the first meal we ate there. obviously my priorities are a bit off. anyways, we've lived here for exactly 18 days. first impressions of the house: so expensive, fun to decorate, i live on a farm, i'm a hillbilly, wow- completely different experience having a baby with his own room.
i was beyond devastated to move out of my parent's house. yes, i'm that type of girl. how can we ever thank them for all that they've done for us this last year!? we love them.

these two handsome men got blessed. wyatt always gives the most beautiful, sweet blessings. it was so fun to honor these cute boys (they didn't wear these dino onesies on their blessing day, just to clear that up. aren't they so cute though?).

graham called dru before he got dressed to make sure they'd be wearing the exact same thing.

these five moved to michigan, which means i spent as much time with them as i possibly could. i got to hang out with tate once a week this summer. seriously the best.



my mom, wyatt, and i had birthdays.

okay, so really those are the only things that happened in the last couple months. moving is H A R D with a baby though, in my defense.

In Graham news-
he is learning something new every day. it's so much fun! he is crawling, pulling up on furniture, picking up food with his hands, has three teeth, and is talking non stop. he loves to pull his hair when he nurses, could eat grapes for every meal, got his first fever at nine months, puts his fingers in any hole in his body (nose, ear, mouth), constantly feels sticky ever since he started eating breakfast, always has lint in between his fingers and in his neck (even though i clean them fifty times a day), is getting more shy, loves mom, and could look at books all day.

a byu fan.

quite the daredevil. we'll have to watch him closely when he grows up.

very hyper around dad.


the worst sleeper alive. this just recently dawned on me. i don't know these things, he's my first. i just thought that's how babies were. tonight he was crying for so long in his crib and actually fell asleep sitting up. is that even possible? i guess, with his dad's genes. matt can also fall asleep anywhere, in any position. these men amaze me. anyways, we've got a stubborn one on our hands.


help me...

unfortunately this is not staged. yes, i put his binky in my mouth sometimes. i don't like when it gets lost.

eats like an angel.

in fact, he'll do anything for food.

check out that bed head.

i think we may even have a chef on our hands. rachael ray is his favorite show. he can barely even concentrate on picking up his grape.


is binky obsessed. he'll lose friends for them. sorry, wells.

wells is catching on nicely though.

still gets called a girl by everyone. honestly, i don't think any stranger has ever called him a boy.

has the chubbiest little hands. he's doomed with the combo of matt and i's fingers. no offense, matt. :)

he couldn't be cuter.

10 comments:

maddie said...

YOU CAN NEVER QUIT! i would die. i'm like pat - i've already read this post 3 times. and why does it make me cry? could not tell you but it's like we're getting too old too fast. you have a house! you have a baby that is stealing pacifiers and eating people's food (that picture with bruce is hilarious)! this is crazy. i can't believe how fast these boys are growing up. so many darling pictures here - you're right, he could not be cuter. i miss him so much! okay now crying again so time to stop... what is my deal?

ps - you need to post pictures of the house with the new furniture and graham's costume pronto! you have seven days or you will die.

Meeker home said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts you've ever written. You had me laughing out loud. Don't ever stop your blog!

I can't believe Graham gets called a girl! I hadn't heard that. It's just because he's long, lean and has fine features. These are all good things...so don't worry about it. He's soooooooo adorable!

P.S. I'll be in town on Nov 2 for one night (before I head off to my girls' trip in the beautiful American Fork). We must do dinner!

Tyler and Dru said...

what a great post! it's about time. so glad you didn't give up completely. of course your first dinner at your new house consisted of burgers and fries. love it. so many darling pictures of graham and wells! and i love the picture of graham trying to eat the cookie out of matt's dad's mouth! so awesome. and you sleeping with the bink is priceless. bless you for posting that! one of the best. sorry you have such a fussy sleeper on your hands. not easy!

Shawn and Nina Olsen said...

First, could Graham be any cuter!? Second, I love when you have updates... and I feel the same way sometimes when I get behind on my blog. Just so you know I love reading your blog so please don't stop! Third, I'm glad moving went ok, I'm sure it was quite difficult with a baby! Oh and happy late birthday! Love you Eve!

Sarah said...

oh this was the best update ever. he has grown up so much! he is so darling. well let's face it you all are darling. i love the pic of you w/the binky, hilarious. mostly because i remember when you were born and i remember you always had your binky when you were little. so cute and funny. we will have to do a lunch over christmas!

Christina said...

I love when you update your blog! I guess it's second best to actually hanging out (which needs to happen btw) I'm astounded that we still have not met little Mr. Graham! It really has been that long! Anyways, I heard you guys bought a house and we wanna come see you guys sometime!

McKenzie... said...

So happy to see some pictures of the handsome little guy. I don't think I've seem him in a couple months. I want to see pictures of the house asap! Or maybe I'll just come over!:)

Chris and Emily Evans said...

You have the most adorable baby, Eve! I hope my babies can look as cute as yours.

mare said...

best update mrs. lloyd. how dare you think to stop your blog. we all need you too much. hopefully life settles in a little, and graham sleeps some:)

Jamey and Michelle said...

Stop it, you cant quit! Life get busy and you are allowed to take breaks! How fun you moved!! I want to come see your house. I'm such a bad friend I didn't even say Happy Birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY though!! I hope you had a great one. Your little man is really adorable, I'm obsessed.