13.1.09

San Francisco!

A couple weekends ago we went to San Francisco. Matt's sister Steffany lives there so Matt, Kevin, and I thought it would be fun to spend a couple days with her. We went to Fisherman's
Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, found the Full House house, found the Mrs. Doubtfire house, scanned Chinatown from the car, ate at Cheesecake Factory in Macy's, saw Standford, and shopped around Union Square all in 2 days. Matt and Kevin had never been there so it was fun to wander around and see the sites. They were very impressed!


Matt and Maddie were also in San Francisco that weekend...Friday night was the big Utah game and Matt and Kevin wanted to do nothing but watch the game at Steffany's and order some pizza. I was not that interested (sorry Ute fans) and wanted to spend the night in downtown San Fran so I went with Maddie and Matt to Haight Ashbury followed by a fabulous dinner at Scala's.



Stef thanks so much for letting us come stay with you!! It was so so so much fun. We should make it a monthly thing, don't you think? Anyone's welcome on our next road trip to San Fran...
**A special thanks to Dru for showing me how to do the mosaics. Love them!

6 comments:

Tyler and Dru said...

full house! yes, i sure love that show. i'm am truly jealous of your fabulous trip. i love san francisco! next time you guys go.......we're tagging along :)

The Richards Family said...

jealous and mad that you didn't invite me. maybe next time. I'm glad you had a NEAT time!

Meeker home said...

Seriously all 6 of us are coming next time. You betcha! (And confession...I didn't much care about the U game either...or football in general) I still need to learn how to do those mosaic things. Dru gave me the website but I couldn't figure it out. Maybe you can show me that and I can show you how to do a fancy header...sorry it has taken me so long to do that with you.

Chelsea said...

What... you weren't that into the game?!?! I'm so offended! I didn't even know you went to San Fran, that is the neatest city!! Next time you go you HAVE TO eat breakfast at Mama's. It's to die for!

Rebecca Lowe said...

i dont know why i have this dream to go to san fran because i dont really know anything about it -- but your post just confirmed my life-long desire to visit there! thanks for the pregnancy congrats -- it's been so nice to see comments from friends on the blog lately, especially since i am home alone sick most days, grrrrrr. i hope we see you soon eve!

mare said...

hey!!! i wanna go there this summer. i've never been. you look like you have a perfect blend of tourism and not, as you always do when you travel. when can we do a gathering again?? We're more free by the end of january. february is better. lemme know. ps i use the ivory cookbook for basically every other meal and it is sooo good. thank you dear friend