25.4.10

The End Of An Era

I have lived in Provo for the last four years. I always felt ashamed to say that I've loved my experience here in "happy valley" (I don't know why, probably because people are so ruthless about BYU and Provo in general). But, as Matt and I packed up our apartment and I realized that if all goes according to plan I'd never live in Provo again, I couldn't help but cry. College has taught me so many valuable lessons. I figured out how to pay bills, do my own taxes, clean, cook, hold a church calling, have a job, etc. I also can't imagine my life without my college education, and the passion I've grown for community health.
Obviously meeting Matt was the highlight of my experience here. We dated, got engaged, and spent our first 2 years of marriage being students here. Thinking back on all of the memories I have in this small town, I can't help but feel pride in saying how much I love Provo.
Despite the security of our lives here, we are excited for what lies ahead of us. I can't wait to see what our future holds. :)

4 comments:

Meeker home said...

Ah Eve- don't ever be ashamed about Happy Valley making you happy. It's a great place! And good luck to you and Matt moving forward. It's always unsettling when you don't know exactly what's coming, but it's also exciting! Good things lie ahead. It will be fun to see what they are as they unfold. Love to you both.

maddie said...

i hear ya sis! it is a magical place - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. your pics are freakin funny - i love all the latest ones. anyway, i know great things lie ahead for you two! good luck with finals. stop blogging you're stressing me out.

Tyler and Dru said...

i can only imagine the sadness you must be feeling. i think we all have our own little "provo". eff, i love that slideshow! such fun memories you and matt have made there. i know this must be an emotional time. thank heavens we have blogging to record this moments! love ya!

Baldersons said...

I love Provo...it always feels like home whenever I go and visit. Good luck with your adventures in Atlanta!