8.7.10

The Family Visits Atlanta + July 4th

A couple of weeks ago my family came to visit Matt and I. We had fun exploring Atlanta. Some of the highlights during their trip included the Princess Diana exhibit and discovering delicious restaurants (my favorite being a place called Canoe, in Buckhead).



It was beyond wonderful to have them here! Please, anyone, come visit me.

Poor Matt has had to sit at home with me a lot over the last couple of months because of morning sickness. However, we love the fourth of July. Regardless of how I felt, I wanted to go out and celebrate. We headed to Lenox Square in Atlanta with Matt’s brother Nate, and his friend Race.



We were so anxious for the fireworks to start after waiting for 2+ hours. It was a little disappointing to discover that our view was blocked by a tree, and right when they started, Matt couldn't find his cell phone. We worried about it during the whole show. It's okay, we still enjoyed it...and yes, we found Matt's cell phone in the car (whew!).

I wish we could have been at The Stadium of Fire with Matt's family, or with mine at whichever park they decided to go to this year. We made the best of it though, and had a lot of fun!

4 comments:

McKenzie... said...

Isn't being away from family and Utah on the 4th such a bummer??? I kept thinking about my family at stadium of fire and having bbq's and it made me sad. Next year you'll be in Utah with a baby!:) I'm glad your family came to see you guys. how are you feeling these days? I've been thinking about you.

Tyler and Dru said...

eff it's about time! you look darling in that last picture. way to be so pretty. sad you weren't around for the 4th. but so excited you'll be home soon!! yes cali, here we come.

maddie said...

oh yeah! love this post. that dress looks super cute. i swear you are not really pregnant. you don't look different and it's bugging me. i need to see a belly on wednesday. yay it's so soon! nearly brings me to tears.

ps. love the look of your new blog! you're getting to be a professional. a little help in utah would be much appreciated.

pat said...

I also love the new look -- so streamlined and clean. Great color, too.

We are crossing our fingers that you will be feeling better for the big trip next week. There is hope!!