19.4.11

It's Finally Summer...Forever.

Okay, at least for a while. Matt turned in his last paper of college yesterday. He is officially a grad.
This is kind of bitter/sweet for me.
For our first three years of marriage we have both been students. Although this can add stress, it is all we've known. Sometimes I ache for the simple days of living in Orem, working, and going to school. I would be so tired at the end of my busy days that it seemed daunting to have to walk up the three staircases to our apartment.
It is scary to me that we are actually adults now. We are having babes, looking to move into a house that we will be staying in for more than a year (we've moved six times since we've been married. I wonder if I'll get stir crazy in the same place?), and Matt is working eight hour days. Scary, scary, scary. With all of that being said, it is so fun/exciting to start this next stage. Being a mom is by far the best thing ever. I'll probably have twenty kids. Okay, not really. But close because I've never loved anything more.
Anyways, back to Matt...last night we left Graham with grandma and went out to celebrate his big day! Of course he chose to go to Crown Burger and a movie. I didn't complain.




And just for kicks...how can I be sad I'm not in school when I get to hang out with this handsome man all day?


Congratulations, Matt! We're so proud of you.

P.S. We bought a small popcorn and a large drink at the movie and it totaled ten dollars! I'm still in awe. So ridiculous. You can tell we never purchase concessions. Yes, I'm one of those that sneaks in my own normal priced treats.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

so many thoughts!
first, being a mom is the best. i agree. second, go matt! what a huge accomplishment. and third, i love graham! so cute.

Tyler and Dru said...

Congrats matt! so happy for him. i understand the sadness, but you'll loose it pretty quickly ;) or maybe not. i still miss the simple days of college life as well! concessions are a joke! tyler wants to buy popcorn every time and i've finally just accepted and learned to enjoy our (what should be plated with gold because of the price!) popcorn. glad you splurged! you deserve it. when am i babysitting???

McCormick Family said...

That is so exciting!!! How fun all these new changes in your life! Doesn't it seem like yesterday we were in high school, I still can't believe that you have a baby and we are married people. Life goes by so fast! I miss you girl we need to do lunch. What does your week look like next week?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is a super big deal! Well done guys for passing such a huge mile stone. Also, don't ever wish you were back in school... I know you wanted to stay a wolverine for life, but it just couldnt happen! You'll both be missed in the hall of flags :)

P.S how fast is Graham growing up! No joke I am not just saying this (because I'm not a nice person) but he seriously gets cuter and cuter!!! If you ever need a babysitter let me know!!!!!

Jamey and Michelle said...

Thats amazing! CONGRATS Matt! What a new fun chapter in your life. And crown burger is so my choice too, that place is soooo good.

maddie said...

yay matt! such a big moment turning in that last paper. tell me about this house? where are you looking and when are you moving? you really are adults house shopping and all. glad you got to go out on the town! i do not recognize that crown burger? is that the night you took a drive around oquirrh mountain temple? i love that i'm commenting as if we're having a conversation. anyway, give matt my congratulations and love. one week!

p.s. graham looks heavenly. can't wait to hold him! seriously have him practice rubbing his eyes. i don't that already melts my heart?