17.5.11

many highs and lows


the last couple weeks have been full of action. some events exciting and some absolutely dreadful.

highs:
-meeting finn robinson (4 pounds 3 ounces) and tuck bennett (3 pounds 15 ounces).
-having erin, maddie, and wells come visit.
-celebrating the twins just days before their arrival with family and friends.
-seeing pictures of our friends/cousin's new babes.
-watching graham and wells do tummy time together. seriously hilarious.
-graham starting to giggle at matt and me. it sure takes a lot of effort, but after dancing around him for hours it's well worth that five second chuckle.
-the pediatrician telling me i can start giving him rice cereal (please pray for me that it helps with sleeping).
-learning that graham is still in the 90% for height and 40% for weight. he takes after his dad's build, which is my favorite.
-matt finally being able to set up the golf net i got him for christmas.
-matt and graham being able to spend three full days together.
-my family. they save me sometimes.
-going on a spontaneous date night with the hubby. my mom is the best.
-matt getting to talk to his little brother who only has one month left on his mission!
-walks around my parent's neighborhood. there is nothing better.
-i'm sure other good things have happened, i just can't think of them at the moment.

lows:
-getting deathly ill the week that the twins were born and everyone was in town. i've never been so sick. i threw up 25+ times, no joke.
-the scare of my parent's basement flooding. everything we own is down there. awesome.
-my doctor's office. it took me two full days to get a prescription once i went in for being sick. don't even get me started.
-having the above mentioned prescription suck once i finally did get it. thank heavens for my dad getting me something different, and much stronger.
-being sick during my first mother's day. call me selfish, but i was kind of excited to have a day dedicated to me. shoot.
-the fridge being broken for over a week now. i really miss ice.
-everyone's appliances breaking, for that matter.
-graham deciding that he hates bottles. this proved very difficult when i lost my milk for a couple days.
-the check engine light in our car coming on.
-finding out our monthly insurance bill is going up....again. i swear it's getting to be as much as rent.
-poor graham getting shots. worst thing in the world for several reasons. i feel awful and so does he for the next 24 hours.

okay, so most of the lows were caused by my sickness...but it was really, really awful. i think i'm still recovering a little bit. thank heavens for all of the exciting things going on around here to keep me occupied.

7 comments:

Tyler and Dru said...

i'm seriously sending an anonymous hate note to your doctors office! but hey, you didn't mention how much weight you lost during your sickness.i think that's mention worthy! you look amazing and i'm SO glad you're feeling better. obsessed with graham's laugh. that truly is enough to make any day better. let's pray for a no flood zone at the horsley's! yikes. love ya!

McKenzie... said...

Oh my goodness...I'm glad you are still alive! That sickness sounds terrible and how sad when you have family in town and babies being born. Glad you are feeling better now. I just found out yesterday my insurance is doubling with Skye being added. Seriously may need to take out loans to pay for it!:) Graham is adorable and I can't wait to see you guys!

The Rigbys said...

Eve! I am so sorry about you being deathly sick and the above!! I hope you are feeling better though! Not to be noisy but lauren will not take a bottle either and I even tried one day to not feed her from me and she still wouldn't so i tried a sippy cup and now she is actually taking that. Yes not perfectly and not a whole feeding but I just thought I would mention that to you if you hadn't tried that. I tried the tommy tippee kind that is for 4 months plus. I don't know! Good luck! Trials of being a new mom- So hard but so worth it!

McCormick Family said...

The babies are darling! How are mom and the babies doing? This did not sound like a great week for you. How are you feeling? I don't think it is bad to be selfish on the one day that is dedicated to you! It's your first you should celebrate!

maddie said...

that really was such a good week. too bad you were the sickest i've ever seen a human be. i think the tummy time might have been the highlight. also, when you put the tampon in. oh and i guess the twins too! please start taking airborne for my next visit. maybe then you can hang out - watching you slowly die was not fun. graham is the cutest! love the pics - i see you were taking notes on chels' lesson. have a good day girlie!

Jamey and Michelle said...

You poor thing being sick. I'm so sorry, especially when everyone is home. That is the worst! But it still looks like you had a blast.

Meeker home said...

Oh my word- it sounds like you were on the brink of death. I had no idea or else I would have driven the 5 hours from Boise with chicken noodle soup and lots of sprite. I'm glad things are getting back to normal.

It looks like Wells especially enjoyed tummy time. :) And how bad did Mom's basement flood? This is the first I'm hearing of that as well. Gosh- a lot has happened. I need to stay in touch better. Love you sis!