1.6.09

Camping

This weekend we went camping. We had dinner with Matt's parents and Grandma and then Matt and I spent the night. It was just the two of us and it was delightful!

We were spread out in a six man tent so we were quite comfortable. Matt even swept the tent out a couple times to make sure it was squeaky clean. He also brought his gun in case any bears came to attack us so I felt very safe. We spent the night telling scary stories (thanks Margaret Bird) and watching Batman. (Please note the bottom right picture above. Could my eyes be any smaller then Matt's?? A little embarrassing)

In the morning we found a field so I could shoot the gun for the first time. Let me tell you...it was definitely my last. I think my shoulder is permanently damaged. I must not be doing it right. It was a perfect, affordable getaway for us!! We will be back several times this summer...

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

How FUN!! We should plan a camping trip before we leave.. we have a tent too- that would seriously be a blast!!
ps- I've shot a gun too, and my shoulder hurt for weeks after:(

Tyler and Dru said...

we're coming next time! i honestly love camping!! and eff, we're going to shoot guns.....or maybe watch tyler and matt shoot them. i had the same problem when i went shooting with ty. my should had bruises for days! love the slitty eyes! right there with ya sis.

McKenzie... said...

So do you think you will be getting a gun for Christmas???:) You guys are sooo cute. I know exactly how you feel about the eyes thing though. I hope you are having fun. We miss you guys.

mare said...

i'm loving your posts lately! uhh camping trip- are we on or not? lets just say yes!!!