11.1.11

Dear Baby,

You have officially reached your due date. We have been anxiously waiting for January 11th to come for many months now. It has been so fun to bond with you for the last several months, but we are ready for you to meet the rest of the world. COME OUT! Your uncle Wyatt started a trend in our family to analyze everything in numbers. Here are some facts about the last nine months since you became part of our lives:

14: The number of weeks that I rarely left the couch (weeks 6-19). I was sick, tired, and couldn’t keep anything in my stomach.
13: Average number of T.V. shows watched per day at the beginning of pregnancy while laying down feeling miserable.
14: How many absolute plain baked potatoes eaten per week for the first 18 weeks (basically every meal). They didn’t even have butter. This is so not like me.
124: The number of mornings that Matt made me a smoothie or milkshake in the morning and had it waiting for me before I even got out of bed. At first I tried to add fruit to it to seem healthy (and called it a smoothie instead of a milkshake), by the end it consisted of ice cream, chocolate sauce, and ice. It was oh so comforting to my tummy.
1,921: Miles traveled at 19 weeks pregnant to get home from Atlanta, Georgia.
5,437: The amount of times I have cringed thinking about the smell of our apartment in Atlanta since arriving home. That smell will forever haunt my nightmares, and instantly makes me feel nauseous to even just imagine it.
2: Number of seconds spent feeling sad that you were a boy instead of a girl (even though I constantly joke about it). I’ve never seen that expression on Matt’s face, seriously. Pure and complete joy. I knew having a boy would be worth it if it would make him that happy.
2,045,092: The amount of conversations Matt and I have had about our feelings of having a baby. Whether feeling anxious, so excited we can’t stand it, inadequate, nervous, weirded out, blissful, or any other range of emotion, it’s pretty much all we talk about.
67: The amount of times I've wandered around babies r us to get ready for you. I could draw a map of that whole store in my sleep. I know where everything is, and what every aisle contains.
187: The number of times I’ve gotten cranky or annoyed at Matt for no apparent reason since being pregnant.
187: The number of times Matt has commented on how excited he is for you to come so that I will be the normal Eve again.
18: The years I’ve spent longing to be a mom. I’ve never been more excited about anything in my whole life.
5,439: The number of times Matt has talked about fathers and sons outings. He’s so excited to have someone to do “boy” things with.

As you can see, you’ve already completely changed our lives and you’re not even here yet. We love you, and can’t wait to meet you any second now. The sooner the better, please. :)

xoxo,

Mom and Dad

P.S. Here are some things we've been doing in the last month to pass time. Getting together with friends and family, preparing your bed and other things, and just relaxing.

10 comments:

Shawn and Nina Olsen said...

This is the sweetest thing i've ever seen. I am so excited for you and can't believe it is time for your little boy to come into the world. Good luck and I wish you a healthy and smooth delivery! xo

Baldersons said...

Can I just say that post made me totally baby hungry again when I have been trying so hard not to be for a while..you guys will be such cute parents. And way to go on the nursery it looks darling

Tyler and Dru said...

beyond cute. love this post. 28: the number of times i laughed while reading this post. so excited to meet him! you are making me even more baby hungry than i already am. is that even possible?

McKenzie... said...

Eve..........is it really time already??? I can't even believe it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. His room is amazing. My daughter will not have a nursery...I already feel bad about it. I just really need a house and job in Utah so Graham can meet his future wife in may!:) Remember to text me the big news! Can't wait!!!

Meeker home said...

Oh Evening- you are so stinkin cute! Love the numbers... especially the matching 187s. ;) And dear Graham- hello? Can you hear us? Please, PLEASE, come out. We are dying to meet you!!!

The Richards Family said...

SO I AM KINDA OFFENDED I DID NOT SEE "SAMMY" BLOCKS...BUT, I GUESS YOU ARE STILL NEAT. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU MISS EVE (AND MATT). SO EXCITED!

McCormick Family said...

That was the cutest thing! What a great idea to write to little graham before he comes. I can't believe today is the due date! That has gone by so fast, probably not for you! We really do I miss you so much. I want to see little graham when he is finally here. I still have his baby gift and maybe now I can give it to him in person!!! Keep me posted in what is happening.

McCormick Family said...

That was so cute! I love that letter and what a great idea to write about your experience for Graham to one day read. I am so excited for you and Matt! I can't believe that he is almost here and today was the due date! That has gone by so fast, but probably not for you! We really do I miss you so much and can't wait to meet little Graham when he is here and give you both the gift I have for both of you.

Caribute said...

Very nice. Happy for both of you and this experience. You will instantly love that boy more than anything you have loved in your whole life. It's a true "love at first sight" story- quite shocking and surreal to actually experience, even when you are expecting it. This feeling will be an important buffer every time your child does something that leaves you contemplating strangulation. Also a feeling I had never experienced before parenthood. Glad your delivery was problem free. Love you

Courtney and Hyrum said...

His room is adorable!!!!!!!!