22.1.11

The Hospital

I got very lucky with my labor and delivery! I went to the doctor on January 12th (the day after my due date). At the appointment my doctor stripped my membranes, which she had done the previous week as well. I wasn't very hopeful about it since it had done absolutely nothing the week before. However, the second time was the charm, and I started having contractions around 7 p.m. that night. They were about 10 minutes apart for the next two hours, and then started coming every 5 minutes for the next couple hours after that. After being super uncomfortable, we decided to head to the hospital around 11 p.m. They checked to see how dilated I was, and I was only at a 1 (which I had been at for about 2 weeks). They were going to send me home, but decided to let me stay since my contractions were coming about every 2-3 minutes at this point (I'm so grateful, I was in so much pain!). By the time they monitored me, and got me in a more permanent room, I had been at the hospital for about two hours before getting my epidural (heaven sent). Right after the epidural, they checked me again, and I was dilated to a 5! I was progressing really fast, and was at a 10 within the next four hours. I started pushing at 6:30 that morning, and again, everything was moving really fast (they even told me to stop pushing at one point because they didn't have a doctor in the room and his head was about to come out. eek!). After waiting for the doctor for about 5-10 minutes, I pushed a couple more times, and Graham was born at 7:12. We loved our stay at the hospital and are so grateful to everyone who came to see our little babe while we were there!






We love our little guy.

7 comments:

McKenzie... said...

That last picture of you and Graham is precious! I'm so glad everything went so well. When I start freaking out I'll call you for comfort. I can't wait to see you and meet Graham next month!:)

K Walton said...

I cannot believe your a mom! I love it!! Congratulations my love!!

Christina said...

I'm so happy for you two! I just know that you are going to be such an amazing mommy and I've never seen a daddy as excited as Matt to meet his little one! I hope all is well and recovery is quick for you! Devin and I REALLY want to come up and see you when you are feeling better! I know Courtney mentioned it as well! LET US KNOW the second you feel up to visitors and I know I'll be there :)

Tyler and Dru said...

i'm glad it was a relatively good experience after a horrible pregnancy. you deserved an easy labor! plus, you got the coolest child in the world!!

Amy and Chace said...

LOVE the last picture! Congrats on your little man, he's so cute!!

Courtney and Hyrum said...

Yes we really all want to come up!!! Maybe this weekend sometime? Too soon? I'll text you. Love him!!!!

maddie said...

such a fun day. i'm so glad that some of the pictures from right after his birth ended up being neat. congrats on having the cutest baby i've ever seen!