14.7.08

Boston

So my first post literally took me about three hours to do..so I've kind of been dreading my second one. I'm sure it will just start getting easier and easier but until then I think they are kind of frustrating!!

Anyways, 2 days after Matt and I got back from our honeymoon we were off to Boston!! We will be living here for about six or seven weeks while Matt works for APX alarms. I think we did this more for me because I was dying to move to Boston. I think it's the coolest place ever and we've had a lot of fun since we've been here.

We took the red eye to get here and we were so excited to arrive only to discover that our four bags hadn't made it with us. We were super annoyed but the airline of course assured us that they would get to us later that day. That night we got a nice surprise..two of our suitcases! Of course they were the two filled with our household things (blankets, plates, cups, pans, bathroom stuff) so we couldn't change our clothes, but at least we could brush our teeth. The next morning I woke up to the airline calling my phone and was so excited when they said they were outside our apartment with bags. However, I was very disappointed when I opened the door and only saw Matt's bag sitting outside. So my clothes were still missing. I called the airline several times that day and finally talked to someone who said that they had no record of my bag ever being claimed as lost. It had arrived at the airport that morning but they couldn't deliver it to me without charging me a fee since I hadn't filed a lost bag claim. (which I most definitely had) I was so livid and so sick of not having clothes!! It was my first official confrontation. I refused to pay the fee and told them it was impossible for me to come pick up my bag at the airport since I didn't have a car. (kind of a lie, because I could have borrowed a car) They finally gave in and delivered my bag around 11:00 PM. I've never been so excited in my life. It was like Christmas.

Apart from the bag fiasco, Boston has been a blast!! Here are some things we've been up to since we've been here:





















On July 10th it was Matt's 24th birthday! I felt a lot of pressure to make it a super good day since it was his first birthday being a married man. We got up and I made him breakfast (which I never do because he ALWAYS wakes up before me) and then we opened his presents. He got some shoes that he wanted from me and my family, and then i got him a watch and some church socks. After selling, we had all of our friends here over for pizza and scotcheroos.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!


The next day was my sister Erin's birthday. Even though we were miles away we were thinking about you and hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

Happy Birthday Erin!!! We love and miss you!!!


So that's all we've done in Boston so far. We love it here and are so excited to explore the city more and more!

6 comments:

Madeline said...

congrats on the blog! i'm so excited to come to boston, it looks freakin amazing! you should go to that wagamama restaurant (in your quincy market picture)... they have them in london and it is pretty good. cool well have fun - i'm expecting a lot of posts seeing that you have quite a bit of free time :) next time you start to watch the same movie two times in a row, you should instead write a post completely about me!

The Richards Family said...

Eve, Welcome to the world of blogging!! I am so excited that I can spy and stalk you now! I am so sorry about the bag incident, but I am glad it worked out. Send me an email so I can invite you to my blog

sammy.richards@gmail.com

And Eve...you are neat!

Chelsea said...

Yeah!!!! okay, I really miss you! I'm glad you're having so much fun though. It'll be so good for you and Matt to have this fun adventure alone. Boston is such a neat city, you'll have the best time exploring. I'm going to talk to Cass and see what places, shopping and restaurants she says are a must see and I'll let you know. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair Eve! When did you cut it? Did you color it too? It looks a little lighter? You know I love short hair, and it's super cute on you. Keep posting a ton- I love looking at this! Tell Matt hi.

Tyler and Dru said...

like i hate being here in salt lake after looking at all the cool places you are seeing in boston. what an awesome city! i seriously love that place. i'm sure i won't be able to come out with mom and maddie when they visit so that sucks. eff, i'm glad you're enjoying yourself and i'm especially glad you're blogging to we can keep up on your life in boston. love you!

mare said...

wait, you need help? NO! Your blog looks already professional! I love the simple gray. But ask any questions. Let meet up sometime this week, at the pool, for some nail polishing, for a movie, whatever. Let me know again- if you need the car! I dont know how you're surviving without going to the grocery store often:)

Meeker home said...

Boston. I'm so jealous! What if I lived there right now and you could just come and hang out with me everyday. Wow- that would be fun! But alas- it was not meant to be. So thanks for the birthday shout-out. And I'm glad to see that Matt had a good one. I promise I was thinking of him even though I've been a huge brat and not actually acknowledged that it was his birthday. Tell him I love the shaved head. One small question- what exactly are those straps covering his nipples in the picture?? Well, you guys are too cute. Keep sending the updates. LOVE YOU!