18.8.08

The Family Visit

This week my Mom and Maddie came to Boston to visit. Matt's finished working so we all had fun exploring Boston together. We saw everything! Beacon Hill, Quincy Market, Little Italy, Newbury Street, and Harvard. We also took them to Newport, Rhode Island because I knew they'd love it there!



Matt and I have become friends with some of the missionaries here in Boston. We made him call them to try and find out where Mitt Romney's house was. They were very helpful and not only gave us the general location of his house but his exact address. I was really scared taking a picture because we thought security guards might come out and hand cuff me, but I braved it out. His house is GORGEOUS!! It was really fun to see and in a fabulous neighborhood.











A couple weeks ago Matt and I were getting ready for bed in the bathroom and he informed me that I'm starting to get gray hair. I didn't believe him and thought he was just trying to tease me, but when I looked I really do have the beginning stages of gray forming. You can only imagine how upset I was at this because I'm only twenty years old. At this rate, I'll be fully gray by twenty five. DISASTROUS!! Matt offered to pluck all the gray hairs out for me...but I have really thin hair and can't spare any, even if they are gray. I'm really stressed about it. Anyways, when Pat and Maddie got here I thought they would assure me that they weren't really gray...but when they looked at my head all Pat had to say was, "Well your aunt Nan went gray really early." After this moment, I wanted to take immediate action to cover my gray. Pat had a bad experience at the hair salon a couple days before getting here, and her streaks were looking a bit ugly. We decided to fix our situations with a store bought hair highlighting kit. (La Petite Frost)

It was really fun to have family here!!

4 comments:

Meeker home said...

Thank goodness you covered those gray hairs! I've been meaning to say something for the longest time :) Your visit with Mom and Maddie looks so fun! Wish I could have been there. But I guess we'll see you in a couple of days. YEAH!! Oh and the "artistic" shot of you guys holding hands is cracking me up!! Love you.

Tyler and Dru said...

you guys are trying to copy my engagements aren't you!?! well you look phenomenal! well done. now i'm really bugged i couldn't come. lame. what a fun weekend.....but a little less fun because i wasn't there right? well your hair looks super. i don't know what you were thinking seeking for reassurance from mom and maddie. that was just foolish! :) can't wait for sun valley girl!!

mare said...

ahhh you went to mare? I heard its one of the best plates in boston. and i got that teal anthro plate as my boston plate too. yipee! oh and i love the face you and your sweet mother are making in the photos with you're hair... could you be any cuter? hah fly safe. see you in p-town.

Rebecca Lowe said...

looks like you had a great time! im sad we didnt get to say goodbye :( oh well we'll see you in a couple weeks anyway... i love your sister's black and white lace dress! so cute.