4.8.08

Portland, Maine

This Sunday we went to Portland, Maine. As you can imagine and see from this picture it was super pretty. (Like everything around here!) This is Cape Elizabeth and where we stopped first. It had this neat lighthouse and cool cool coast line.





So Marilee Killpack does the cutest thing...she buys a plate from every place that she travels. These will be the plates she uses for china when she has parties and Sunday dinners. The second she told me about it I immediately thought of Matt and I's wedding and how we used different patterned plates to serve the dessert. It was one of my favorite parts of our wedding and I thought it would be so fun to copy Marilee. This mixed set of plates we acquire will always remind us of our fun wedding day! I purchased my first plate in Maine yesterday to start my collection!! It was only seven dollars and I love it! I'm so excited to start this idea! Thanks for a fun day Killpack's and Carn's!

3 comments:

Meeker home said...

Holy crap- quit posting. You are making me so jealous! I've never been to Maine. Now I will have to go. And I am totally stealing Marilee's idea too about the dishes, so tell her thank you. So Eve- how are you? Are you reading Breaking Dawn?? I just picked it up from the library. I was #20 out of 193 on the waiting list (signed up a month ago), but luckily they got 50 copies, so I got one right away. SO excited to start...Love you sis! (And I was kidding about not posting anymore. Eve- you just keep it coming and we will all live vicariously through you!)

Chelsea said...

That does look so charming- I love the east coast beaches! Me too on the plate idea... hope you don't mind!! It's a great idea though. Too bad we don't really go anyhwere? that might be a slight problem. I can't wait for you guys to come home!!

Sarah said...

I love Maine. Ben and I love going there- and I adore the plate idea. Good idea - hmm maybe I could do that too- really neat. Your first plate is really cute too.